The 2017 POE Scholarship Application Has Closed.
- Every year, we offer the POE Scholarship to a deserving high school senior male who will be attending the University of Illinois, and who exemplifies outstanding qualities in academics, athletics, altruism, and the arts. The scholarship is fully funded by our alumni association!
- Amount of the Scholarship - Sigma Nu Pursuit of Excellence Scholarship consists of a one-time direct payment to one University of Illinois freshman male student of
- Eligibility - Any Senior-level male high school student may apply who:
(1) will be an entering freshman student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in Fall 2017 and
(2) has achieved a 3.0 of 4.0 or above grade point average (or such equivalent GPA) in his overall high school academic studies through his junior year in high school.
- Applying for the Pursuit of Excellence Scholarship in no way obligates the applicant to join the Sigma Nu Fraternity.
- Basis of Selection - We are seeking men who are intellectually, morally, and physically capable of leadership in any field. The Committee on Selection of Sigma Nu Fraternity considers the following attributes in its selection of the Pursuit of Excellence Scholar:
Scholastic Achievement of a High Standard
Integrity of Character of the Highest Order
Goal Orientation and Creativity
Motivation and Persistence in Pursuing Worthy Goals
Ability to Lead, Communicate Effectively, and Motivate a Team
Network Driven, Extraverted, Demonstrated Interest in One’s Fellow Beings
Use of Talents to the Fullest Potential
- The distinctiveness of this honor arises from the comprehensive set of attributes considered. Intellectual strength is an obvious prerequisite; however, it is not considered in mere isolation to other qualities. We seek a man with a demonstrated blend of character and intellect to receive this Scholarship.
- Aneesh Ramamoorthy - firstname.lastname@example.org - Recruitment Chairman
- Dylan Subrin - email@example.com - P.O.E. Scholarship Chairman
- DEADLINE: JULY 1. 2017